- voice of a Namibian Christian in obedience to the WORD.

Thursday 15 May 2014

THE TRUE CHRIST

- is the Crucified One and our only defence against Satan!

According to the Word of God, Satan is the great accuser. (Revelation 12:10) He knows our sins and is eager to remind God about it. What shall we do? In fact were are guilty. How can we face judgement and stand blameless before God?

Our only hope lies in our Mediator and  (click) Advocate, the crucified Christ. "My little children, these things write I unto you that ye may not sin. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1) He gives us shelter. John Newton, author of Amazing Grace stated it so clearly. Let's pray with him to the living Jesus :

Be Thou my shield and hiding place,
That, sheltered near Thy side,
I may my fierce accuser face,
And tell him Thou hast died.




No comments:

Post a Comment